Spanish Tutoring & Writing Center
The Tutoring & Writing Center works with Spanish students and their instructors to help them to become better communicators in the Spanish language, with a focus on writing. Also the Tutoring Center aims to develop the students' analytical and critical skills by writing essays. Moreover we wish to unite students and instructors in a learning community that shares a common interest in Spanish and actively engages in learning together.
In the tutoring center, we want to assist you as you move through the Spanish language program at UNL. One undergraduate peer tutor, as well as a managing graduate student, will be available to help you with your questions and assignments. The undergraduate tutors will assist students who are taking classes in the 100 and 200 levels, and the graduate tutor will assist students in the 300 and 400 levels. Assistance means providing guidelines and explanations, not completing students' assignments.
All this is possible thanks to a grant given by the Office of Academic Affairs at UNL.
Fall 2018 Hours
Mondays to Fridays:
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
The Spanish Tutoring & Writing Center meets in the Language Lab, located in 302 Burnett Hall.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Your Tutors
Graduate Assistant & Lead InstructorMontserrat Fuente Camacho
Tu revista, or Your Magazine, is a compilation of essays and compositions written by you, our students. Click the link above to read various projects submitted by Spanish students and to become inspired for your next project!
For more information about this online resource, contact Montserrat Fuente Camacho.
What can I expect when I visit the Spanish Tutoring & Writing Center?
What we can do:
What we cannot do:
- We may read all or part of the paper depending on your needs, goals, or the time available.
- We can discuss what works and what does not work in your paper.
- We can tell you if the structure, content, organization, language or vocabulary of your essay need revision or adjustments.
- We can mark language mistakes on your paper and we can explain the language topic you need to review.
- We can ask questions to get you to think about your paper. Your involvement in the writing process will be more productive than the tutor reviewing each line you have already written.
What you need to bring:
- We cannot write the paper for you.
- We cannot polish a paper to make it perfect.
- We cannot proofread or correct your papers or homework.
- A written copy of your essay and your instructor's instructions.
- Specific questions for the tutor.
- Strong motivation and the will to improve your writing and your Spanish.
Handouts for Use at the Center
Below are links to materials that will aid in your Spanish language, culture, and literature learning. Your tutors use these handouts in the center. More to come, so check back often.