Scholarships and Financial Aid
We offer scholarships twice per academic year to students who have completed at least one full semester at UNL. The Department of Modern Languages & Literatures has a range of scholarships given out at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee. These scholarships can range from $100 - $2,000 depending on the number of applicants and available funds. The largest awards are reserved for students who choose to major in a language, with minors receiving next highest awards.
Scholarships may be applied to through the Education Abroad application process (visit their website here) and the basic scholarship application through MyRed.
Some of the general DMLL scholarships we offer are:
- Janet and Donald Marine Scholarship. Applicants must:
- Be enrolled in DMLL courses
- Be undergraduates
- Preference is given to students traveling abroad for language studies
- Martin & Sophia Wagner Scholarship. Applicants must:
- Be 21 or older
- Be pursuing the study of a foreign language or langugage in a foreign country
- Showed interest and ability in foreign languages